Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 3 Earplugs make me faster


June 15th. Everything was wet except the essentials stayed dry. Site was cheap but unmanned, and the bathroom was pretty disgusting. I don't think it had been checked in at least a week. It was gray and overcast in the morning, and the air was so foggy it was like riding through a cloud. We got rained on a bit and then sunny skies the rest of the way and it turned into a perfect day. The wind in Iowa was crazy when we headed northbound. I swear it was trying to blow us back to Ohio. Spent many miles tilted to the left. I realized at one point that I had forgotten to put my earplugs back in, and the wind noise in my helmet made me go a little slower as it was so much more dramatic. Won't be forgetting those earplugs for a while. We are hopefully 1 day away from the badlands. We ended up camping in a city park, in Rock Rapids Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment