Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 14 Goodbye N. Dakota, Hello N. Dakota, Goodbye N. Dakota



June 26th. We rode 340 miles across North Dakota, stopping at a mall in Minot for tools as my electrical gremlins are at it again. On the way back, before Havre Montana my clock and my tripometer suddenly reset and did it a couple times in a row, about every 10 minutes for about 40 minutes. Of course this meant that I lost my total miles for the trip, and made it more difficult to know when I needed gas. Every day I have had a glitch at some point and then it goes away again. It hasn't affected anything else, seems to be just the electronic dash, but I realized that I did not have the right tools if it became more serious. The ride was relatively uneventful, sometimes windy but not bad, ending in East Grand Forks, MN, which is right across the bridge/river from Grand Forks, ND. We got an inexpensive motel room (no tax!) as a thunderstorm was headed our way and set out to get some dinner. We walked a bit over a small bridge and yes, we were back in North Dakota. We ended up at a small bar that smelled like pizza, and it was awesome. The name was Rhombus Guys and it was known for their pizza. We had a backpacker's pizza, which I can only assume was named because it had ingredients that you could not take backpacking with you, fresh mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes, artichokes and feta, yumm.

No comments:

Post a Comment